TNT Crane & Rigging
Corpus Christi, TX
TNT is looking to add experienced full-time crane operators to our growing Branch. The following are a list of requirements; You must meet all of the requirements below to be considered for this position.
TNT is offering our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which include health benefits, paid vacation, per diem, and the opportunity to work plenty hours of overtime. We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Summary: Ensures safety first, along with safe lifting of the load, proper set-up of crane, while maintaining Customer focus. Follows all State and Federal laws while operating motor vehicles. Follows all safety and environmental policies while performing the job task.
- At the end of the shift reviews what the next day(s) job assignment are and have all necessary rigging and equipment ready before ending the shift.
- Completes Field Ticket and turns in to local branch office. If other chargeable equipment was utilized on the job, makes sure to write it down on the Field Ticket.
- Completes payroll book daily with the hours worked. Hours must be reported to the local branch office no later than 10:00 a. m. every Monday.
- If not on a job assignment, informs the supervisor and is productive by inspecting, cleaning, and performing maintenance on the equipment.
- Carries and answers phone/pagers in a prompt manner.
- Assists in the training of safe operation of a crane.
- Periodically reviews assigned crane and other model cranes service and operation manuals.
- Cleans, inspects, and reorganizes equipment in shop and yard. Clean shop, washes rack and break room.
- Be able to read, interpret, and calculate the load percentage by utilizing the load charts of the cranes owner and operation manual.
- Be able to program the crane's computer in proper set-up mode, set-up crane on location in a safe and professional manner.
- Must determine that the signal person understands and performs proper hand signals before lifting the load.
- Understands and can perform proper rigging techniques to ensure safe lifting of the load.
- Inspects crane, truck, and/or trailer and fills out vehicle inspection report before operating the vehicle. Turns in inspection report to the local branch office.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a current state issued Commercial Driver License (CDL).
- Must have a current crane operating license (NCCCO or NCCER).
- 3 or more years of operating hydraulic cranes required.
- Ability to operate crane by viewing hand signals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to understand instructions, applicable safety regulations, and to maintain records.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical problems.